It's a girl! Norah Margrette Herman due 2/26/13






Thursday, April 26, 2012

A day to catch your breath...

Sometimes we all need one, and today is my day to catch my breath. It has been SO crazy at work, and I feel like I have been way too stressed out lately. I'm taking today off because I have to go to work on Saturday (only for about 4 hours, so I'm ok with it). So, I'm taking today to catch my breath, and get things done around here that I just haven't had time to do. I'm cleaning the house, doing lots of laundry, FINALLY blogging (it's been over a week!), getting a good work out in, taking Diesel for a long walk, paying bills, and cooking and baking. I know some of those may not sound fun, but I feel so much better after getting all caught up with my "to-do" list. I love having the house clean, knowing all bills for the month are paid and being able to put a tasty meal on the table for the hubs. Although it's a little chilly, it's sunny and the perfect temp to take Diesel for a very long walk. Because he's a boxer and has a shorter muzzle, he can't pant as efficiently as other dogs, so he overheats quickly. This weather is perfect for him. I also have about 7 magazines that have been stacking up, waiting for me to read them. I finally started on Glamour last night. My mom also got me a subscription to Vanity Fair, one of her favorites (thanks, momma!), and I plan to start on those. I also get Health and Woman's Day (I know, I'm an old married lady who loves Woman's Day, and I'm not ashamed!).

I plan to snuggle up with these after my productive day is done...




So, needless to say, although it's my day off I plan to be very busy. I'm going to continue my search for a tasty, healthy dinner recipe for tonight now, but first, a few questions for you.

Do you have days you dedicate to catching your breath?
What do you do on those days?
What is your favorite meal to make when you have a bit more time?
What are your favorite magazines?

xoxo
Dory

No comments:

Post a Comment