It's a girl! Norah Margrette Herman due 2/26/13






Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Happy Easter!

I hope everyone had a fabulous Easter! Kevin and I traveled to Hartland, MN to spend the day with his family. It was a beautiful, sunny (but windy) day and we enjoyed seeing the fam and watching the kids run around and find their Easter eggs. For the occasion I made my Mom's amazing Deviled Eggs, and Sopapilla Cheesecake, recipe from Krysten at Mrs. Schwartz's Kitchen. This dessert was seriously the easiest one I've ever made, and it was a HUGE hit. I made two batches, one for Easter and one for Kevin to take to work. He told me that they were gone within two hours, and some of the guys were mad they didn't hoard more for themselves. Seriously delicious, so you should give them a try! Check out the recipe, and the rest of her blog here!

Below is the recipe for my Mom's Deviled Eggs. I'm pretty picky about Deviled Eggs, because sometimes they can be bland. These babies are absolutely amazing. If you like Deviled Eggs or are looking for a good recipe for any occasion, give them a try!

Start by peeling a dozen eggs


Cut them in half and take out the yolks



Mash them up really well

....this part I was in a hurry and a bit sleepy (6 am is very early to be making Deviled Eggs) and forgot to take pictures...but this is where you grate and add the onion and celery and add the finely chopped banana peppers


Add your apple cider vinegar and Sriracha


It should look like this


Stuff your eggs....if I had had more time I would have gotten a pastry bag and used that to fill the eggs and make them look pretty, but this is just fine because you sprinkle the top and can't really see the messiness


Sprinkle the cayenne pepper and smoked paprika on top. Isn't my little egg carrier cute?


Ta da! Sorry for the bad pic....I had to snap one quickly before the hubster started digging in

And as a bonus picture...

...my hubby, the good sport, dressing up as the Easter Bunny to snap some pics and hide eggs for the kids...and isn't my nephew adorable?!



Deviled Eggs:

12 large hardboiled eggs
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 cup grated celery. I use a paper towel to "wring" them out so most of the moisture is out of the celery. If you don't do this your mix may be too watery
6 Tbs mayo (use the full-fat version...it isn't that much and it adds flavor)
1 Tbs grated onion
1 clove garlic. I use the minced garlic from the jar and use a pretty big spoonful, because I LOVE garlic. Put as much as you like in
2 Tbs minced sweet/mild banana peppers
A couple of dashes of Sriracha (I usually put more in, but it really depends on how spicy you want it...taste test as you go)
A couple dashes of lemon juice
A couple dashes of apple cider vinegar
A couple dashes of yellow mustard
Cayenne pepper
Smoked Paprika

Peel the eggs. Cut them in half and remove yolks. Mash yolks. Add remaining ingredients. Mix well. Pile into the cavities of the egg whites. Sprinkle with cayenne pepper and smoked paprika. Enjoy!



I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter weekend!

xoxo
Dory



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout out girl! I need to try those deviled eggs! They look awesome!

    ReplyDelete