It's a girl! Norah Margrette Herman due 2/26/13






Thursday, April 5, 2012

Smushy Face

Hi All,

Sorry for the hiatus I took for the week, it's been a busy one!

Two weekends ago was my wonderful hubby's birthday. He's an old man at 27 ;)
I got him the Kindle Fire (which is awwwweesssommmme by the way!), a case and gift card to go with it, a french press for coffee (he's a bit of a coffee snob), and a big f-ing mug. Seriously, that's what it says on it. He's always wanted a mug that can fit an entire pot of coffee and my good friend Sarah actually found one for him. His parents and brother drove up from Rochester and took us out to Chino Latino. Then we went out to Wild Bill's in Blaine with some friends for a fun night. On Monday (the 26th of March), his actual birthday, I took him to Acapulco (YUM! Seriously, YUM!) and then to Cold Stone. I just adore my hubster and was happy he had such a great birthday.

Another update: I've started getting up in the mornings to work out before work again. This is good and bad. I still take Diesel dog for runs in the afternoon throughout the week so he isn't missing out, and he isn't a morning pup so he just sleeps when we work out in the morning. The whole working out before I go to work thing sucks when my alarm goes off at 4:30 am, but rocks when I'm done with work and don't have to head to the gym. Waking up at 4:30 is necesssary since I live in Blaine and work in Eden Prairie (hello, 50 minute drive). I love the energy working out in the morning gives me, and I have more time in the evenings for new cooking experiments and projects around the house, so after the initial crabbiness wears off I'm good to go.


I just wanted to take a minute and brag about my smushy face baby boy Diesel. He is such a good puppy. We took him to the vet for his check-up, shots, etc. last week and he got an A+ on his report card. The vet said he looks absolutely perfect and we shouldn't change a thing. In his notes he wrote that Diesel is "a wonderfully well adjusted fellow and the perfect example of good socialization". He's one thing I'm so proud of because he is "our" first dog, totally and utterly ours, and we try our best to take good care of him and give him the best life ever. And believe me, he is the most spoiled dog I know. As Kevin says, Diesel has enough bones in the house to put an entire cow back together. He goes for runs with me, to the dog park, runs errands with us, goes on trips with us and he runs alongside Kevin while he rollerblades or bikes. He lives in the lap of luxury and has more than a couple dog beds in the house (he also is allowed on the furniture and sleeps in our bed with us). We feed him the best dog food we could find (Orijen...check it out!), and he goes to see his buddy the vet regularly to make sure he is the perfect picture of health. He is so spoiled that he likes to drink out of the bathtub faucet, because he likes fresh water. He gives us a little bark and waits for us to turn the water on. Yeah...spoiled...but he's worth it! He's the best cuddler and lover puppy on the planet and we wouldn't trade him for anything.

Here are a couple pictures of my pup from this past week and weekend.

This is my little bed scammer (and yes he uses pillows)....but what a snuggle bug!


Last Sunday at the house. Sunshine, a pig's ear, and mom and dad hangin' outside with him. He's a happy boy!


What are some things that you're proud of?
Are your pets like your children?
What do you do to spoil your pet?

xoxo
Dory

No comments:

Post a Comment