It's a girl! Norah Margrette Herman due 2/26/13






Tuesday, May 1, 2012

May Day

Happy May Day! I totally forgot this little holiday until one of my sweet colleagues (thanks, Ika!!!) brought me this today...


...some pretty African Violets. I remember May Day at Manz Elementary. We always made May Baskets and walked around the surrounding neighborhoods bringing them to the doors of the senior citizens in the area. They were so happy to see us and we were so beyond happy to get out of class and get some fresh air after a long winter. Getting these flowers today made me realize how excited I am that it is May, because Kevin and I have so much to look forward to this spring/summer. The next few weekends will be very busy for us, from a family wedding to a friend's baby shower to our sweet adorable nephew's 1st birthday (cannot believe he will be 1!). A couple of weekends later it is my cousin's first bridal shower, and it will be special since she is the only female 1st cousin I have. My sister will also be in town for the event, and I cannot wait to see her. Her super crazy busy life in D.C. means I don't get to see her nearly enough. We are also taking a trip to Colorado for a family friend's wedding in June, where we will spend our 1 year wedding anniversary. So for me, today definitely is a happy May Day!



How was your May Day?
Did you do anything special for May Day in school as a kid?
What are you looking forward to this Spring?

xoxo
Dory

No comments:

Post a Comment