It's a girl! Norah Margrette Herman due 2/26/13






Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend

Hi all!

Sorry for the hiatus, we have had a BUSY last few days. Here is a re-cap of our awesome Memorial Day Weekend:

Friday we both had a long day at work so we just hung out at home and got some rest. My parents arrived Saturday late morning for a visit. We spent most of the visit playing games and catching up. The day turned into a "Boggle tournament", as Kevin called it, between my Mom and I. We always end up playing countless games of Boggle (we are both super competitive) and leaving the boys to fend for themselves. Saturday night we went out to eat per my Dad's request to Texas Roadhouse. Yummy. I always get a 6 oz. steak, veggies and sweet potato. Super tasty.

Sunday morning after a few more games of Boggle my parents headed home. After getting a few things done (including Kevin taking me to Chile's for 2-for-1 margaritas) my brother-in-law Chris, his girlfriend Holly and our nephew Miles came over. We always love spending time with them, and we spent the night hanging out with them, having a couple of drinks and playing this fun game...
...love it!


Hello, cutest baby boy alive!

Monday morning Holly helped me put my spices into this shiny new baby...

...spice rack my Dad got me as a birthday present. Isn't it pretty?

After Chris, Holly and Miles left Kevin and I decided it was time for a home project. We had thrown around the idea of putting hard flooring in the dining room which was, at the time, carpet. We decided to just do it, putting the same laminate flooring in that we put in our kitchen/pantry/hallway/bathroom and bedroom/closet. We spent the rest of the day turning this...
...(sorry I didn't get a before pic with the carpet down, Kevin was so eager to start he just started tearing up the carpet before Chris, Holly and Miles even left)...
...into this. Ta da! Doesn't it look amazing? Just makes me so happy! So lucky to have such a handy hubby.



And of course it was most important on Monday to take time to remember Memorial Day and to remember those who have died serving our country. So appreciative to our men and women who have given their lives for our freedom, and to our past, present and future soldiers who have done, do, or will do so much for us.


How was your Memorial Day?
What did you do to remember our soldiers?


xoxo
Dory






No comments:

Post a Comment